• Deutsch
  • English
  • English (Canada)
  • Español
  • Italiano
  • Magyar
  • Norsk
  • Polski
  • Português
  • Srpskohrvatski
  • Suomi
  • Svenska
  • Tagalog
  • Türkçe
  • Ελληνικά
  • Українська мова
  • 正體中文
  • AUD
  • BRL
  • CAD
  • CHF
  • EUR
  • GBP
  • HUF
  • NOK
  • PLN
  • RON
  • SEK
  • TRY
  • UAH
  • USD

Can I Play Mega Sena in the UK?

There are lotteries in many countries, bringing hopeful gamblers together, earning money for local communities and generating new millionaires every week. In Brazil, the lottery of choice is known as the Mega Sena, but how does this lottery stack up against European lotteries and can you play it in the UK?

What is the Mega Sena?

The Mega Sena is the biggest lottery in Brazil and is run by the Caiza Econômica Federal, which is the largest government-owned financial institution in all of South America. In other words, it’s a pretty big deal.

beach sunset

46% of the money generated through sales of the lines goes into the lottery’s prize fund, with the remaining 54% used to cover expenses and to fund community programs.

How Much to Play the Mega Sena

The minimum price to play the Mega Sena is BRL 3.5. However, if you are buying your lines  overseas then you will likely pay more. The minimum bet is a line of 6 numbers, but you can choose to bet as many as 15, which increases the price considerably.

In fact, the maximum amount of plays on the Mega Sena, which creates a possible 5005 games as opposed to the 1 game offered with the minimum, costs over 17,500 in the local currency, or around €4,000.

Where to Play the Mega Sena

You can play Mega Sena and other international lotteries on MultiLotto. It’s one of the world’s biggest independent lottery sites and gives players access to a host of global lotteries. Your lines will be legal, and your winnings will be paid out as normal.

Can I Play Mega Sena in the UK?

If you are in the UK then MultiLotto is the best way to play. It is licensed to operate throughout Europe and is one of the biggest gambling sites on the continent.

That basically means that it is regulated, fair, and that your money is safe and your winnings will be paid on time.

Where To Find Mega Sena Results

MultiLotto is not just a great place to play. You can also use the site to catch-up on the latest gambling news and to see the latest results from this lottery and many others.

The draw for the Mega Sena takes place on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8pm local time, which is 11pm GMT. It is televised on local TV (with a 25-minute delay) but for non-Brazilians it’s easier just to catch the results after the fact.


Odds of Winning The Mega Sena

Your odds of winning the Mega Sena jackpot are a little over 1 in 50 million. Those odds may seem astronomical, and they are, but as far as lotteries are concerned they are actually very reasonable.

As an example, your odds of winning the Mega Millions are 1 in 258 million, and your odds of winning the PowerBall are even greater at 1 in 292 million. European lotteries tend to be a little “easier” to win, with the EuroMillions returning odds of 1 in 139 million and the Eurojackpot offering 1 in 95 million, but the Mega Sena is still a more tempting proposition.

Mega Sena Jackpot Average and Records

The biggest amount ever won on the Mega Sena was R$263 million—which works out at €60 million—and was split four ways. The largest amount to go to a single player was R$205,3 million, or €47 million.

The minimum jackpot is just R$2 million (€450,000) but as with all major lotteries, it exceeds this figure by a significant amount.

Read some other great articles from Multilotto

Why you Should Play US Powerball and not UK Thunderball

Can I Play Powerball In The UK?

What was the biggest Euromillions Jackpot?

Can I Play SuperEnaLotto In The UK

Powerball Boost

Choose lottery

Choose lines

Choose draws

Get options
X =
Koi Princess: Enter the World of Manga Koi Princess: Enter the World of Manga
Northern Sky: Enter the Arctic and Spin an Adventure Northern Sky: Enter the Arctic and Spin an Adventure
Which is the Best European Lottery? Which is the Best European Lottery?
Why you Should Create a Lottery Syndicate Why you Should Create a Lottery Syndicate